Cobalt (II) oxide appears as olive-green to red crystals, or greyish or black powder. It is used extensively in the ceramics industry as an additive to create blue colored glazes and enamels as well as in the chemical industry for producing cobalt(II) salts.
1. Cobalt compounds and cobalt oxide are used in the glass industry, as well as in catalysts and in the petroleum industry.
2. Cobalt can be used in rechargeable batteries.
3. Cobalt is also used in compounds for pigments
4. Cobalt compounds are used as essential micronutrients in animal feed
5. Other organic derivatives of cobalt are used in the rubber industry to promote adherence to metallic reinforcements.