High Purity Materials
Thin Film Substrates
Crucibles are usually used in the laboratory to contain chemical compounds while heating up to extremely high temperatures. Crucibles come in several sizes and usually with a correspondingly-sized lid. Crucibles and their covers are made of high-temperature-resistant materials. Ceramic Crucible, Alumina Crucible, Inert Metal Crucible are some of the examples.
AEM Deposition provides crucibles with all kinds of materials and sizes. We also have the facility to provide customized crucibles to our valuable customers.
To get the quotation for crucible or related information, you may click the “inquiry” button. Then fill in the inquiry form or reach us via email at [email protected], our sales department will reply to you as soon as possible. In case your required material is not common in the market, feel free to reach us, as mentioned above. We will try our best to meet your specifications.
For Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) about Crucibles, please visit this link: Crucibles FAQ.
Classifications of Crucible
|Alumina Crucible||Al2O3||99%, 99.3%, 99.5%||Various|
|Magnesium Oxide Crucible||MgO||99%||Various|
|Boron Nitride Crucible||BN||>99%, >99.7%||Various|
|Pyrolytic Boron Nitride Crucible||PBN||99.99%||Various|
|Intermetallic Crucible||BN-TiB2||50% TiB2, 50% BN||Various|
|Zirconia Mortars & Pestles||ZrO2||94.9%||Various|
|Agate Mortars & Pestles||SiO2||100%||Various|
|Alumina Mortars & Pestles||Al2O3||97%, 99.8%||Various|
Main Applications of Crucible
1. Coal analysis;
2. Metal melting;
3. Chemical raw materials analysis and firing;
4. Glass analysis and melting;
5. Rare earth materials and minerals analysis and firing;
6. High-temperature items such as ceramic products and melting of single-crystal raw materials firing;
7. Solutions evaporation, concentration, or crystallization.
Precautions to Use Crucible
1. Crucible can be heated directly, but can not be quenched after heating. Use a crucible clamp to remove.
2. Crucible should be heated on the clay triangle.
3. Before using the crucible it must be gradually heated to 500 degrees Celsius. After usage, it should be placed in a dry place.
4. Choose material quantity based on the crucible capacity while adding the raw material. Don't fill up too much. It may cause cracks in the crucible because of the thermal expansion of the raw material.
5. When taking out the molten metal, it is best to scoop out with a spoon. Avoid using calipers as much as possible. The caliper and other tools should be consistent with the crucible shape and should avoid local stress. Which causes to shorten the working life of the crucible.
6. The service life of the crucible is related to the usage, avoid spraying of strong oxidizing flame directly to the crucible, which will make crucible material oxidation and shorten the working life of the crucible.