Cadmium is a silver-white lustrous metal, which has good toughness and ductility. It is practically insoluble in water but some cadmium salts are water soluble. Powdered cadmium will burn and can release corrosive fumes. AEM offers a range from Cadmium metal ingots, rods, and powder to Cadmium compounds.
1. High purity cadmium is used to grow CdTe, CdZnTe single crystals or to prepare compound CdTe.
2. High purity cadmium is a necessary raw material for preparing infrared detectors (MCT detectors - HgCdTe / CdZnTe)
3. The alloy of silver, indium and cadmium can be used as the control rod of atomic reactor (neutron absorption).
4. Cadmium compounds can be used in the manufacture of (yellow) pigments, plastic stabilizers, phosphors, pesticides, fungicides, paints, etc.
5. It can be used for electroplating and preparation of rechargeable batteries.