High Purity Materials
Thin Film Substrates
Home > High Purity Materials > Cadmium > Cadmium (Cd) Sticks
Cadmium (Cd) Sticks
Cadmium is a silver-white lustrous metal, which has good toughness and ductility. It is practically insoluble in water but some cadmium salts are water soluble. Powdered cadmium will burn and can release corrosive fumes. AEM offers a range from Cadmium metal ingots, rods, and powder to Cadmium compounds.
Chemical Properties of Cadmium
|Packing||Accoding to the specific size|
1. High purity cadmium is used to grow CdTe, CdZnTe single crystals or to prepare compound CdTe.
2. High purity cadmium is a necessary raw material for preparing infrared detectors (MCT detectors - HgCdTe / CdZnTe)
3. The alloy of silver, indium and cadmium can be used as the control rod of atomic reactor (neutron absorption).
4. Cadmium compounds can be used in the manufacture of (yellow) pigments, plastic stabilizers, phosphors, pesticides, fungicides, paints, etc.
5. It can be used for electroplating and preparation of rechargeable batteries.
Click to download datasheet about Cadmium (Cd) Sticks
Unable to find the required data sheet? Click here to send an email and get it.
Click here to get answers to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ).