Sputtering targets must meet ever tougher standards for high quality to produce sub-micron scale and wafer targets in ever larger sizes.
- Low particle
- Good film uniformity
- High usage efficiency
- Low-particle targets
- ULVAC has developed sputtering targets that suppress generation of particles that can be the source of problems in the sputtering process.
- Gaseous elements are one factor in causing particle emissions especially in aluminum targets and we are working to lower emissions by utilizing a vacuum melting method in the refining and ingot purification processes.
- Attaining high uniformity by adjusting the metal microstructure
- ULVAC uses manufacturing processes that ensure high uniformity and a fine metal microstructure in most of its targets for semiconductor products including high purity cobalt targets and titanium targets.
- Utilizing a fine metal microstructure having a high degree of uniformity for example allows uniform the magnetic flux leakage on the target surface of high purity cobalt targets.
- Meticulous quality control system
- Integrated process manufacturing at ULVAC takes product characteristics and contours into account during production. Sophisticated analysis/evaluation system such as the GD-MS (glow discharge mass spectrometer) ensure purity along with a high level of quality.
|Application Field||Materials||Manufacturing Method||Purpose of Use|
|Electrode materials||W (5N)||Powder sintering||Gate area|
|Co(5N)||Melting method||Gate area|
|Ni(5N)||Melting method||Gate area|
|Ti(5N)||Melting method||Lynear, Barrier etc.|
|Various silicide(4N up)||Powder sintering|
|Wiring Materials||Al(5N, 5N5) & Al alloy such as AlCu(5N, 5N5)||Vacuum melting method||Inter conect|
|Cu(6N)||Melting method||Inter conect|
|Compound semiconductor materials||Au, Au alloy(4N)||Melting method||Wiring|
|SiO2(4N,6N)||Artificial/ natural quartz||Insulating material|
|Mounting & wiring||Al(5N, 5N5)& Al alloy(5N, 5N5)||Vacuum melting method||Wiring|
|Precious metal materials||Melting method||Wiring|
|TiW(4N up)||Powder sintering||Barriers|
|Capacitor materials||BST||Powder sintering||DRAM/thin film capacitors|
|Barrier materials||Ti(4N5)||Melting method|
|TiW(4N up)||Powder sintering|
|Purity||5N5up (low-U, Th specifications)||4N5up||6Nup||6Nup (except for Nb and W)||5N|
|Backing plate Material||Aluminum or Copper Alloy||Aluminum Alloy||Aluminum Alloy||Aluminum or Copper Alloy||
Electron Beam Welding, Integrated
Part Structure, or Metal Bonding
|Diffusion Bonding||Diffusion Bonding||Diffusion Bonding||Metal Bonding|